The Cyberguide to Wichita Business Directory is the largest and most complete business directory and collection of links to Wichita Kansas web sites.
These nonprofit organizations are dedicated to furthering a particular social cause or advocating for a shared point of view. These organizations use its surplus of the revenues to further achieve its ultimate objective, rather than distributing its income to the organization’s shareholders, leaders, or members. Nonprofits are tax exempt or charitable, meaning they do not pay income tax on the money that they receive for their organization. They operate in religious, scientific, research, or educational settings.
Keith Worthington Chapter is the only non-profit dedicated solely to the fight of Lou Gehrig’s disease and support of ALS patients and families.
American Diabetes Association
The mission of the Association is to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes.
The Education Society for Resource Management | APICS provides educational programs, publications, and certification programs that advance manufacturers’ abilities to succeed in a changing, competitive marketplace.
The Arc of Sedgwick County
Non-Profit Organization for Developmental Disabilities
A non-profit organization that started by the Catholic Diocese of Wichita in 1943
Cerebral Palsy Research Foundation Inc.
CPRF serves people with disabilities throughout the country, raning in age from newborns to over 65. While 40 percent of the persons served by CPFR have cerebral palsy, they also serve clients with disabilities such as spina bifida, multiple sclerosis, mental retardation, head injuries, spinal cord injuries, back injuries, hearing impairment and stroke.
A worldwide center for children with special needs.
Inter-Faith Ministries of Wichita
Inter-cultural social services provider.
Kansans For Life
Dedicated to protecting and fostering the most basic human right … Life itself.
Kansas Children’s Service League
1365 N. Custer, 942-4261
Kansas School for Effective Learning
Non-profit school specializing in GED preparation, English as a Second Language, Basic Skills, Computer Literacy and Spanish
KVC Behavioral HealthCare
KVC Behavioral HealthCare, Inc. (KVC), is a not-for-profit agency providing foster/adoptive services to children and families.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society – The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s mission: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
- March of Dimes
- Rainbows United, Inc. – A not-for-profit, private agency committed to enhancing the lives of children with or at risk for disabilities.
- Senior Services, Inc. of Wichita – Programs and services to keep older people independent, active and in thier own homes: Meals on Wheels, Respite Care, etc.
- SIDS Network of Kansas, Inc. – Sudden Infant Death Support Network
- Starkey Inc. – Starkey nurtures development and promotes independence of people with intellectual disabilities in Sedgwick County, Kansas.
- The Lord’s Diner – Responding to Christs call to feed the hungry, The Lords Diner, a not-for-profit soup kitchen operated by the community, for the community, and sponsored by the Catholic Diocese of Wichita, will provide an evening meal seven days a week, 365 days a year.
- Victory in the Valley, Inc. – Cancer Support Programs & Services
- Wichita Child Guidance Center– The mission of the Wichita Child Guidance Center is to improve the quality of life for children, adolescents and families through the provision of comprehensive community mental health services, in collaboration with other caregivers in Sedgwick County.
- Wichita Children’s Home – 810 N. Holyoke, 684-6581
The Wichita Children’s Home has served the needs of the community’s children for over 100 years, first as an orphanage, and today, as a temporary, emergency shelter for children in crisis.
- Wichita Area Sister Cities – Sister Cities is a World Wide Peace Effort, bringing the world together, one city at a time.
- Wichita Lifeline, Inc. – Non-profit Personal Emergency Response
- Wichita Habitat for Humanity – Works with individuals and families who want to become homeowners, but who are unable to obtain a conventional loan due to income-levels or credit issues. Provides homebuyer education and training to become a successful homeowner and sells the home with a 0% interest mortgage.
- Wichita Ski Club – We are a non profit club that provides year around sports and social activities for those in the Wichita, Kansas area and beyond.
- Youth Entrepreneurs of Kansas
- YMCA – To put Christian principles into practice through programs promoting healthy lifestyles, strong families, positive youth development, and community betterment to build healthy spirit, mind and body for all, regardless of ability to pay.
- YWCA – Social service Agency/ Domestic Violence services